Calcium Hypochlorite, 68%
Bucket Net Weight:
Directions For Use
New Pool or Spring Startup
- Superchlorinate with 10 to 20 oz of product for each 10,000 gallons of water to yield 5 to 10 ppm available chlorine by weight
- Check the level of available chlorine by weight
- Adjust and maintain alkalinity of the pool between 50 to 100 ppm
- To maintain the pool, add manually or maintain feeder device 2 oz of this product for each 10,000 gallons of water to yield an available chlorine residual between 0.6 to 1.0 ppm by weight
- In stabilized pools maintain a residual of 1.0 to 1.5 residual chlorine.
- Test the pH, available chlorine residuals and alkalinity of the water frequency with appropriate test kits
- Frequency of water treatment will depend on temperature and number of swimmers.
- Superchlorinate the pool every 7 days with 10 to 20 oz of this product for each 10,000 gallons of water to yield 5 to 10 ppm available chlorine by weight.
- Check the chlorine with a test kit
- Do not reenter the pool until the chlorine residual is between 1.0 to 3.0 ppm
- At the end of the season, or when water is to be drained from the pool, chlorine must be allowed to dissipate from treated pool water before discharge
- Do not chlorinate the pool within 24-hours prior to discharge
- While the water is still clear and clean, apply 0.6 oz of product per 10,000 gallons, while filter is running to obtain a 3ppm available chlorine residual, as determined by a suitable test kit
- Cover pool, prepare heater, filter and heater components for winter by following manufacturer’s instruction